What is Wildlife Exclusion?
Removing an intrusive animal from your property may solve your immediate problem, but it doesn’t do anything to address how animals are getting in. To avoid dealing with the same problem again, you’ll have to figure out how your furry or feathery intruder got onto your property in the first place. That’s where exclusion comes in.
Wildlife exclusion is the process of making sure unwanted pest animals can’t access your property or structure. Here’s how Varment Guard experts practice exclusion and what makes it so effective:
How Exclusion Works
Varment Guard experts locate every possible access point wildlife could use to enter your home, business, or property. Depending on the pest in question, these access points could be anything from a gap beneath some damaged weatherstripping to a hole in your siding. Whatever it is, we’ll find it and make sure wildlife can’t use it again.
Varment Guard technicians utilize a wide variety of tools and techniques to remove and exclude wildlife from your property. During any residential or commercial animal exclusion call, we may:
- Make repairs to minor structural damage, which wildlife may use to sneak into your home.
- Install physical barriers like gates, netting, chimney caps, fencing, or wire mesh over larger access points.
- Apply non-toxic animal repellents to vulnerable areas to dissuade pests from returning. These repellents may incorporate chemicals, electricity, sound, or physical barriers.
- Clean hazardous animal waste or byproducts left behind by the problem animal.
- Safely remove and, when applicable, relocate animal nests, dens, and burrows.
- Remove musk, pheromones, or other animal secretions that may attract more wildlife to your home.
- Identify parts of your home that might make it particularly attractive to pests, and find a plan to prevent that attraction.
The specific processes a Varment Guard expert will apply toward your pest problem depends on your specific problem. You can learn more about how Varment Guard will deal with your specific animal problem below.
Why Exclusion is Important
Wildlife exclusion doesn’t just solve your current animal problem; it prevents future problems, too. Nesting and burrowing animals tend to return to the same sites year after year if given the opportunity. Exclusion helps make sure that doesn’t happen, ensuring your property stays protected from wildlife problems long-term.
If wildlife removal treats the symptoms of a wildlife infestation, then exclusion is the cure. It prevent future costly damage and because it prevents animals from having to be trapped in the first place, it is the most humane solution. Varment Guard can practice exclusion during a wildlife removal service call, or we can block off access points before you even have a problem. All you have to do to make your wildlife problems a thing of the past is contact us today.
Common Exclusion Services
- Screening gable vents and soffit vents.
- Patching soffits, dormer corners, roof junctions, siding and roof holes with aluminum flashing and caulking to match the existing aesthetic.
- Covering roof vents and power fans.
- Installing buried wire, and underground fence.
- Chimney capping.
- Chew resistant caulking.
- Ridge guard and ridge vent repair.
Varment Guard is a certified installer of RidgeGuard© and XclusionPro from AAC-ProLine™.
Newly Added Service Area for Wildlife Management
We recently expanded into two new markets with our Wildlife Management service offering: Cincinnati, OH and the Minneapolis & St. Paul (Twin Cities), MN metro area. Through our parent company Plunkett’s Pest Control, we also offer general pest control services. Please head over to Plunkett’s to schedule general pest service today!